Ad Experience: Ad Density Higher Than 30%
Ads that take up more than 30% of the vertical height of a page. Ad density is determined by summing the heights of all ads within the main content portion of a mobile page, then dividing by the total height of the main content portion of the page.
For the purposes of this ad experience definition:
- Ad density is measured against the main content portion of the page, not the viewport.
- The main content portion of the page excludes headers, footers and site navigation including related articles
- Ads below the main content portion of the page are not included in the density calculation.
- All ad formats count toward ad density, including “sticky” ads and inline ads. The height of each “sticky” ad is counted once for the purposes of this calculation)
- Video ads that appear before (“pre-roll”) or during (“mid-roll”) video content that is relevant to the content of the page itself are not included in the measurement
Included ad experiences tested: 50% single-column ad density, 35% single-column ad density, 30% single-column ad density.
Last revised: Feb. 16, 2018